Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poll

Latest topics

» Graduate From High School
Introduction aru~ EmptyTue May 22, 2012 2:10 am by robertstanley

» Official School Days Profile
Introduction aru~ EmptyTue May 22, 2012 2:05 am by robertstanley

» Introduction aru~
Introduction aru~ EmptyTue May 22, 2012 2:01 am by robertstanley

» ✧✶ ☆Magical Rainbow Theme Park ☆✶ ✧
Introduction aru~ EmptyFri May 11, 2012 11:14 pm by Toris Laurinaitis

» Block 5A, Room C2 - The Gentleman's Club
Introduction aru~ EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 9:22 pm by Toris Laurinaitis

» Well, who knew XDD
Introduction aru~ EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 9:18 pm by Toris Laurinaitis

» Scotland App
Introduction aru~ EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 11:34 am by Allistor Kirkland

» Reserve Here
Introduction aru~ EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 7:36 pm by Allistor Kirkland

» Merhaba Everyone!
Introduction aru~ EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 7:06 pm by Lukas Thomassen

Navigation

5 posters

Introduction aru~

Toris Laurinaitis
    Toris Laurinaitis

Introduction aru~ Empty Introduction aru~

Post  Toris Laurinaitis Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:10 pm

Hello! I am Yao12, it's nice to join

If I can I would like to reserve China for RP.
    I enjoy anime, reading, adventure video games, etc.
    I'm new to this so..please, help me, if it's not too much trouble
    Lukas Thomassen
    Lukas Thomassen

Introduction aru~ Empty RE: Introduction aru~

Post  Lukas Thomassen Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:30 am

I'm not sure but I believe China is free, once he's reserved by you Good luck!
    And this place isn't for criticizing any body new... I know I joined as a totally inexperienced RPer. Anywhosie, If you need to understand something the FAQ section is often helpful, if not you can also Private message me, I'll be happy to help~!
    Toris Laurinaitis
    Toris Laurinaitis

Introduction aru~ Empty Re: Introduction aru~

Post  Toris Laurinaitis Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:39 pm

Um...When I made this, I didn't know what I was doing and I thought it wouldn't let me log on as Yao Wang. So I made Yao12. I would like to get rid of that one and keep Yao12. However, I had to change Yao12's name, it used to be Yao and it was taken. how do I get connected? On the email I gave them, it still thinks my name is Yao. Is there anyway they could send another email with my current username (Yao12) so I can be connected?
    Feliks Łukasiewicz
    Feliks Łukasiewicz

Post  Feliks Łukasiewicz Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:58 pm

if you're talking about the chatbox, all you have to do is click on 'log in'. it's in the upper right hand corner, i think.
    welcome by the way, i'm new here as well. i'll be RPing Poland,hopefully. i look forward to RPing with you sometime.
    Lukas Thomassen
    Lukas Thomassen

Post  Lukas Thomassen Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:55 pm

Yao12 wrote:Um...When I made this, I didn't know what I was doing and I thought it wouldn't let me log on as Yao Wang. So I made Yao12. I would like to get rid of that one and keep Yao12. However, I had to change Yao12's name, it used to be Yao and it was taken. how do I get connected? On the email I gave them, it still thinks my name is Yao. Is there anyway they could send another email with my current username (Yao12) so I can be connected?

Um, I'm actually not completely sure on this case. It's the first I've heard of something like this, If you still can get on try Private messaging the Admin, Alfred or Ivan... They may know. Sorry I couldn't help with this.
    Hendrik Steenhoek
    Hendrik Steenhoek

Post  Hendrik Steenhoek Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:38 pm

Well when your accepted as the character you should change your name to Yao Wang through the profile section
    Toris Laurinaitis
    Toris Laurinaitis

Post  Toris Laurinaitis Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:49 pm

Thank you all! I will do that. It's okay if you didn't know.
    It is confusing (At least to me it is!)
    Toris Laurinaitis
    Toris Laurinaitis

Introduction aru~ Empty My app...

Post  Toris Laurinaitis Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:15 pm

do you think it's bad? I really wanted to do good on it, but I couldn't think...This usually happens when I'm nervous about having to write stuff (it reminded me of a test lol)..I did it anyway! because Tianshi kept saying "You're not actually quiting are you?? Do it anyway! DO THE APPLICATION!"...And that's what I did..But now I'm afraid it sucks to everyone who reads it. I think I could do better if we could have partners...Tianshi said we probably can't. hers is so awesome! if you've read mine, Plese give feedback..
    but send me a private message. I did think writing it was fun, though it seemed a lot better in my head.
    Lukas Thomassen
    Lukas Thomassen

Post  Lukas Thomassen Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:59 am

Don't worry like I said before, this place isn't for criticism. It's here for fun, I know writing things without a prompt is hard for some(especially me) but you enjoyed it and that's good!
    Toris Laurinaitis
    Toris Laurinaitis

Introduction aru~ Empty Change of character

Post  Toris Laurinaitis Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:12 pm

(As much as I like China, I like Lithuania as well and I believe I can role play him better. It was easier to do Lithuania too! So, instead of China, I hope to get Lithuania. Wish me luck and perhaps..read my application, leave comments! lol I loved writing it. If I have to change my name (which I will) I will be Toris, don't miss me by thinking I'm Yao12, if that's possible ^^)
    Toris Laurinaitis
    Toris Laurinaitis

Introduction aru~ Empty school...

Post  Toris Laurinaitis Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:55 pm

(Hello! I just wanted to say that I'm still here. However, I have a bunch of school work to do and I might not be able to get on very much for the time being. I will try to get on every week, but I can't promise anything as of yet..Happy belated Thanksgiving to those to celebrate it)
    robertstanley
    robertstanley

Introduction aru~ Empty GED vs High School Diploma

Post  robertstanley Tue May 22, 2012 2:01 am

High School Diploma

High School Diplomas are generally considered more desirable for one entering the work force or hoping to pursue a higher education. About.com notes that employees with diplomas generally earn significantly more than those without. Students who hope to advance may be required to pursue additional training. Similarly, most students admitted to college have earned their high school diploma, although this does not guarantee acceptance. Coursework, grade point average and extracurricular activities will be important factors during the admissions process.

GED

Only students who are neither enrolled in nor have completed high school are permitted to take the GED exams. One must also be over the age of 18 and meet other state requirements. The GED certificate is awarded to anyone who passes a series of tests in five academic subjects, scoring higher than 60% of a sample set of graduating seniors. Because one will be tested on a few years worth of knowledge in just one short day, students often spend a great deal of time studying. Many need to take preparation courses, but no courses of any sort are mandatory.

As mentioned above, the GED is often considered less desirable for those hoping to attend college. About.com notes that while the majority of employers hiring for entry-level positions consider GED certificates as comparable to actual diplomas, some may consider the GED to be inferior. If a student continues on to college, however, one typically does not consider which one has earned. On this note, most community colleges admit students who have earned a GED, but individual universities set their own policies. Some do not view GEDs as equivalent to Diplomas, particularly if these colleges require specialized courses of study for admission.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:10 am