Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poll

Latest topics

» Graduate From High School
The Devil's Punchbowl Pub - Page 2 EmptyTue May 22, 2012 2:10 am by robertstanley

» Official School Days Profile
The Devil's Punchbowl Pub - Page 2 EmptyTue May 22, 2012 2:05 am by robertstanley

» Introduction aru~
The Devil's Punchbowl Pub - Page 2 EmptyTue May 22, 2012 2:01 am by robertstanley

» ✧✶ ☆Magical Rainbow Theme Park ☆✶ ✧
The Devil's Punchbowl Pub - Page 2 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 11:14 pm by Toris Laurinaitis

» Block 5A, Room C2 - The Gentleman's Club
The Devil's Punchbowl Pub - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 9:22 pm by Toris Laurinaitis

» Well, who knew XDD
The Devil's Punchbowl Pub - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 9:18 pm by Toris Laurinaitis

» Scotland App
The Devil's Punchbowl Pub - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 11:34 am by Allistor Kirkland

» Reserve Here
The Devil's Punchbowl Pub - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 7:36 pm by Allistor Kirkland

» Merhaba Everyone!
The Devil's Punchbowl Pub - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 7:06 pm by Lukas Thomassen

Navigation

2 posters

The Devil's Punchbowl Pub

The Devil's Punchbowl Pub - Page 2 Empty Re: The Devil's Punchbowl Pub

Post  Guest Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:40 pm

((Probably. It's a Belgian-style bar!))

"Pancakes?" Elise looked at him. "Gilbert, this is a bar. If you want pancakes, I suggest the Ihop down the street."

She thought about it a bit, her pushover side kicking in. "But it's not like I don't have the ingredients necessary for it...I could make them if you really wanted some..."

Then she remembered that Gilbert was an ass to her nine times out of ten. Elise crossed her arms and huffed. "Not that I'd go through all that trouble for you!"
    Gilbert
    Gilbert

Post  Gilbert Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:58 pm

Gilbert resisted the desire to snarl. "Elise, it's called a pub. Normally pubs serve food. I'm not hungry, but he--" Gilbert pointed to Matthew "--can't drink, so he probably came in to eat. He looks like the type who'd like maple syrup." Then the albino bit back his pride as he made his next comment. "I seem to remember you used to make killer waffles and pancakes..."

He raised his eyebrow at her. "And if you do have food like that for this nice guy here, the bill's on me."

Gilbert downed his beer, stuck his pencil behind his ear, and stood from the table. He threw down several bills in front of Matthew and spoke to him. “That should be enough to pay for my beer and get you something to eat. I’m going to head out. I’ll see you in art.”

He tapped his knuckles on the table once before looking the woman over. “Elise, as always it’s been horrifying.” He nodded to her as he left the bar, sending his brother a text.

(depends on the country)
    Matthew Williams
    Matthew Williams

Post  Matthew Williams Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:02 am

Matthew sat up straighter, fully attentive at the mention of pancakes. He was immediately embarrassed at his reaction to one of his favorite foods, but luckily nobody seemed to notice. Though Elise seemed to think the idea was ridiculous and as much as Matthew did like pancakes, he didn’t want to impose if it would be too much of a hassle.

Yet before he could say anything, Gilbert had finished his drink and left, leaving enough money on the table to pay for a meal as well. Well, this was a dilemma. On one hand, it would be rude to have Gilbert waste his money if he decided not to get something after all. But on the other, it would be rude to ask for something Elise didn’t serve.

He stared at the money helplessly on the table for a moment before the solution occurred to him. “I’ll get something you do serve, please,” he smiled apologetically. It really didn’t matter what it was at this point. The day was proving to be more and more awkward. Well, more than what was a usual day for him, anyway.

Post  Guest Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:34 pm

Elise sighed. "No, it's all right...I could go for some waffles anyhow. Pancakes are no trouble. Gilbert can be so stupid at times. He just doesn't understand me. Ever. I mean, of course we serve food here! Just not breakfast, usually! He can't even tell when someone's just teasing or flirting with him...Completely oblivious."

The blond shook her head. "I missed him, to be honest. He can be a brat, sure, but still. It was never boring living next to the Beilschmidts. I wish I could have been nicer, but you know...Habits from childhood die hard..."

She could have been nicer to him. She hadn't wanted Gilbert to leave, exactly...Elise was normally a very kind person to the point she was a pushover. But when she saw that white head of hair and those red eyes...Well, it was like she was ten again...

No use worrying about it too much though, Elise figured. About fifteen minutes later she was back again, with a plate of pancakes, waffles, and syrup.
    Matthew Williams
    Matthew Williams

Post  Matthew Williams Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:04 pm

Matthew couldn’t help but feel sympathetic as Elise talked of her troubles with Gilbert. He’d be lying if he said he didn’t have to deal with similar people in his childhood. Spending a lot of time with someone who had to be reminded to read the atmosphere was far from easy. Though he hadn’t really gotten that impression from Gilbert. Perhaps he was just so used to it he didn’t notice anymore.

“Thank you,” Matthew exclaimed when Elise returned a while later. “Sorry you had to go through the trouble of making something not on the menu. So thank you so much!” He paused, not quite sure if he should add something. But no, it would be rather strange for him to comment on the personal life of someone he had just met, even if it was to tell them he could relate to their situation.

(Sorry I didn't reply sooner. I swear, I don't know where my head is sometimes... D:)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 3:54 pm