Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poll

Latest topics

» Graduate From High School
Week 3: Matthew/Asgeir EmptyTue May 22, 2012 2:10 am by robertstanley

» Official School Days Profile
Week 3: Matthew/Asgeir EmptyTue May 22, 2012 2:05 am by robertstanley

» Introduction aru~
Week 3: Matthew/Asgeir EmptyTue May 22, 2012 2:01 am by robertstanley

» ✧✶ ☆Magical Rainbow Theme Park ☆✶ ✧
Week 3: Matthew/Asgeir EmptyFri May 11, 2012 11:14 pm by Toris Laurinaitis

» Block 5A, Room C2 - The Gentleman's Club
Week 3: Matthew/Asgeir EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 9:22 pm by Toris Laurinaitis

» Well, who knew XDD
Week 3: Matthew/Asgeir EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 9:18 pm by Toris Laurinaitis

» Scotland App
Week 3: Matthew/Asgeir EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 11:34 am by Allistor Kirkland

» Reserve Here
Week 3: Matthew/Asgeir EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 7:36 pm by Allistor Kirkland

» Merhaba Everyone!
Week 3: Matthew/Asgeir EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 7:06 pm by Lukas Thomassen

Navigation

Week 3: Matthew/Asgeir

Matthew Williams
    Matthew Williams

Week 3: Matthew/Asgeir Empty Week 3: Matthew/Asgeir

Post  Matthew Williams Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:52 pm

Matthew had never been to this particular jazz club before, which was odd, considering that he always noticed it in passing. And now that he had the opportunity to be here, he could say that he liked it. Though he’d like it even more if he were able to find his date. The lighting certainly wasn't helping his situation at all, it seemed.

He scanned over the entire room looking for someone with pale hair, without much success. Wondering if Asgeir was late, he continued this search.

Week 3: Matthew/Asgeir Empty Re: Week 3: Matthew/Asgeir

Post  Guest Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:04 pm

Asgeir sat patiently at a table in the corner of the room as he waited for Matthew. The dim lighting made it hard to see his date as he arrived. After a few minutes of waiting, Asgeir saw his date stumble in.

"I don't think he can see me, he's so cute when he seems helpless."
    thought the Icelandian to himself.
    Asgeir adjusted his tie as he got up to greet his date.

"Matthew," Asgeir said extending his arms in embrace, "It's so nice to see you!" He felt that the gesture was awkward between them and Matthew's haircurl had tickled his forehead.

Hope this goes well.
    Matthew Williams
    Matthew Williams

Post  Matthew Williams Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:58 pm

Matthew was so engrossed in searching that he didn’t notice Asgeir running over until he was a few feet away. “It’s great to see you, too. Er…sort of. The lighting’s probably not the best.” He sure hoped that the embrace that followed wasn’t as awkward as he thought it was.

“So where were you sitting, over there?” Matthew asked, pointing to a now-empty table in a corner. No wonder he couldn’t see his date before; that spot was practically hidden from view from where he was standing earlier.

He smiled apologetically, hoping that Asgeir didn't mind having to come to him instead of the other way around.

Post  Guest Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:21 pm

Asgeir smiled sweetly, "Yes, I was over there, hope you don't mind it." Asgeir led Matthew back to the table and sat as a waiter appeared.

The waiter asked what the two would like to drink, "Umm...strawberry vodka please."

Asgeir sat patiently as Matthew ordered his drink and the band began to play "Fragrance of Dark Coffee".

"I love this song..."
    Matthew Williams
    Matthew Williams

Post  Matthew Williams Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:43 pm

"Hm, I'd like..." It took him too long to decide so eventually he said, lamely, "I'll just have what he's having?" Now that he thought of it, he wasn’t sure if he’d ever tried flavored vodka before.

Matthew hummed thoughtfully for a moment as he tried to remember where he'd heard that particular song before. It sounded so familiar, yet he couldn't put his finger on it.

He looked to Asgeir for help, since he apparently knew. “This is from something, isn’t it?” he asked with a sheepish smile.

Post  Guest Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:00 am

Matthew's question made Asgeir jump as he had lost himself in the music. "Oh..." He felt like a nerd for knowing the answer, "Phoenix Wright...it's Godot's Theme." Asgeir blushed furiously and began on a tangent of nervous laughter.

The band finished the piece and began playing "Bei Mir Bist Du Schon". Asgeir had always liked Ella Fitzgerald's rendition of it. The club clapped as the band started and Asgeir soon began too.

He looked at his date ,who seemed to be having a decent time, and gave a playful smile.

The waiter came back and placed the two drinks on the table between the two. Asgeir thanked him and raised his shot glass.

"Cheers."

Matthew Williams
    Matthew Williams

Post  Matthew Williams Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:04 pm

Oh. Having played one of the games in his spare time, Matthew really should’ve known that, and it appeared that his date was embarrassed for knowing the answer. But when Matthew was about to tell him that he didn’t need to be, Asgeir was already absorbed in the music once again. And even though Matthew thought Asgeir’s startled reaction was quite cute, doing that to him again on purpose would be pretty mean.

Matthew lifted his shot glass as well, before trying flavored vodka for the first time. He had always thought that regular vodka tasted almost like paint thinner and he found that this one tasted like…strawberry-flavored paint thinner. Lovely.

Drinks aside, he was really enjoying the music, and it was great to see that Asgeir was too. “Do you play anything, yourself?” he smiled as he asked the other, curious.

Post  Guest Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:31 pm

"Oh." Asgeir blushed a little, he never particulary liked to talk about his musical side. "Well...I used to play trumpet and euphonium...I've been trying to get the piano and baritone saxophone down, most of my time is spent singing though." Asgeir knew that list went on, but he didn't want to bore his date to sleep. "Do you play anything?"

He took a swig of his drink. Delicious. Strawberries had always been Asgeir's favorite fruit and he was always somewhat of a drunk.

"How are you enjoying your drink?" He asked after noticing and odd twitch in Matthew's facial expression.

The band finished playing. It was intermission time.
    Matthew Williams
    Matthew Williams

Post  Matthew Williams Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:19 pm

"Oh wow, so many, that's pretty impressive," Matthew remarked, looking Asgeir in awe. "I play just two, unfortunately. For some reason, someone made me take clarinet lessons when I was younger and I stuck with it. I've only learned how to play alto sax recently. Can't sing at all, though. But I'd like to hear you sing sometime."

"Uh...what I mean is...." Did that sound as weird as he thought it did? Yes, probably. Did Matthew want a complete redo of that entire conversation? Yes, definitely.

He was glad when the focus moved to the drinks. "It's...different, but I guess it's okay." It wasn't the worst thing he's ever had and besides, he couldn't say he had a refined taste when it came to alcohol, or even drinks in general (though contrary to popular opinion, he didn't drink maple syrup with ice).

((Third post in a row starting with the word 'oh' hehe))

Post  Guest Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:42 pm

"Oh...well..." Asgeir said embarrasedly, "I don't like singing in front of others..." Asgeir was impressed. He never had the patience to play clarinet, but he had always loved it's tone color.

A silence fell over the club, Asgeir looked into his date's eyes. He raised his glass and finished off his drink before calling the waiter back over.

"I'll have two glasses of your finest champagne." He hoped Matthew wouldn't mind him ordering his drink.

The intermission ended, and everyone around the two clapped as the band got on the stage. But Asgeir was entraced by Matthew's eyes and did not.

The band began to play "I Let a Song Go Out of My Heart".

((Number 4, ftw!! xD ))
    Matthew Williams
    Matthew Williams

Post  Matthew Williams Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:15 pm

"Oh, yeah, that's fine. I understand that," Matthew said, and it was true, though for him, it wasn't more of a singing thing as much as a...general thing.

Although he didn't drink it often, champagne was something he was used to, or at least more than vodka. He was glad; now he wouldn't make those embarrassing faces he involuntarily made when he tasted something strange.

Matthew looked at his date, expecting him to have turned his attention back to the stage, but instead found himself meeting his gaze. He was surprised, and felt a blush spread across his face. Even as his expression changed until it stayed as a small smile,

Something in the back of his mind told him that he had to do something, but that was something he rarely listened to. Besides, he had no idea what that 'something' would even be.

(fff- this one totally wasn't on purpose.)

Post  Guest Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:16 pm

"Oh!" Asgeir jumped up, blushing furiously, "I-I-I have to go to the restroom!"

He ran to the restroom and looked in the mirror, washing his face with water. "Oi oi oi, Icey, get it together."

The band could still be heard from the facilities. They were playing "I Got Rhythm".
    Matthew Williams
    Matthew Williams

Post  Matthew Williams Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:16 pm

“Oh, alright,” Matthew said, though Asgeir was already halfway to the bathroom and had no way of hearing him. Although it couldn’t have been more than a few seconds after he left, Matthew’s thoughts quickly grew more and more worrisome.

Did he do something wrong? Maybe his date had gotten creeped out by him somehow and had to leave or maybe…

Or maybe Matthew was being ridiculous. He scoffed at his own irrationality before deciding his thoughts by putting his full attention on the music. He must have been doing a good job, for he didn’t notice when the waiter returned, placing two glasses of champagne on the table.

Post  Guest Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:23 am

After several minutes, Asgeir made his way back to the table. Thoughts raced through his mind as he sat down, what if Matthew was weirded out and wanted to leave?! No....

"Please forgive me, I had....an emergency." Christ. What a lame excuse.

Asgeir raised his glass in a toast, looking at Matthew with the greatest smile on his face, "To the best of days."

The band finished playing, clapping soon followed. The mood had shifted. What was once awkward, suddenly gained a new light, partly due to the lights being turned up. Something was in the air. Something.
    Matthew Williams
    Matthew Williams

Post  Matthew Williams Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:52 pm

“It’s fine, no problem at all, eh,” Matthew said, smiling in what he hoped was in a warm and welcoming way. Matthew lifted his glass as well, nodding in response to the toast.

He thought to himself of how nice it was to be able to see his date more clearly now that the lighting was no longer as dim as it had been before. Maybe it was this, or maybe it was just because the right amount of time had passed; either way, Matthew was significantly less uncomfortable.

“You know, I’d like to do this again sometime. That is, as long as you want to,” Matthew said.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 5:43 am