Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poll

Latest topics

» Graduate From High School
Week 3: Søren / Roderich EmptyTue May 22, 2012 2:10 am by robertstanley

» Official School Days Profile
Week 3: Søren / Roderich EmptyTue May 22, 2012 2:05 am by robertstanley

» Introduction aru~
Week 3: Søren / Roderich EmptyTue May 22, 2012 2:01 am by robertstanley

» ✧✶ ☆Magical Rainbow Theme Park ☆✶ ✧
Week 3: Søren / Roderich EmptyFri May 11, 2012 11:14 pm by Toris Laurinaitis

» Block 5A, Room C2 - The Gentleman's Club
Week 3: Søren / Roderich EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 9:22 pm by Toris Laurinaitis

» Well, who knew XDD
Week 3: Søren / Roderich EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 9:18 pm by Toris Laurinaitis

» Scotland App
Week 3: Søren / Roderich EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 11:34 am by Allistor Kirkland

» Reserve Here
Week 3: Søren / Roderich EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 7:36 pm by Allistor Kirkland

» Merhaba Everyone!
Week 3: Søren / Roderich EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 7:06 pm by Lukas Thomassen

Navigation

Week 3: Søren / Roderich

Week 3: Søren / Roderich Empty Week 3: Søren / Roderich

Post  Guest Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:02 am

Søren walked steadily towards Roderich's house. He felt like he was walking towards his doom. Why on earth had he promised to learn to play the piano? He had been drunk, but a promise is a promise, and at least he had a teacher who was good at playing, for what he knew. Roderich hadn't seemed too keen on the idea, but Søren had to learn at least a little, or his friends wouldn't leave him alone.

The Dane took a deep breath, and stepped through the garden gate. Slowly he walked to the door and took a few deep and thoughtful breaths before knocking on the door. He found himself wishing that no-one was home.

Week 3: Søren / Roderich Empty Re: Week 3: Søren / Roderich

Post  Guest Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:13 am

Roderich's fingers slowed to a stop on the keys as he heard a knock at the door. He stayed still for a few seconds, weighing up the likelihood of who it might be and wondering whether he could just ignore it and hide somewhere until they went away. A few seconds more, and he stood up abruptly, sighing. It wouldn't be polite to leave them waiting, even if it was who he thought it was. He made his way to his front door, sighed again, and opened it.

He was met with a shock of blond hair and a cheerful face, although today it looked slightly apprehensive. He attempted a smile, or at least less of a frown. 'Guten Tag, Søren. ...Would you like to come in?'

He had a feeling he might regret this, but as long as Søren behaved himself...and hadn't been drinking prior to getting there.

Post  Guest Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:40 am

"Goddag! Sorry if I'm late, I had some... errands to run."

Søren stepped inside, smiling in a manner he thought might be polite, but only managed to look like a faded grin. He hoped Roderich wouldn't smell the faint wiff of alcohol. He had taken one beer before coming here, but it had been just one. He was certain he wouldn't be able to handle this sober.

"So I guess you haven't changed your mind yet? Anyway, is playing the piano difficult or what? I heard it's hard as hell."

Søren took off his coat, and hung it up without the thought of asking first ever crossing his mind.

Post  Guest Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:19 pm

'Can I take your co- oh,' Roderich began, but Søren beat him to it. He shook his head, catching as he did so the tiniest hint of something alcoholic. He rolled his eyes; it was to be expected, he supposed. Sighing, he addressed the Dane's (inane) question.

'It is difficult. It requires skill, precision, dedication and no small amount of natural talent,' he said, folding his arms. He wasn't exactly keen on teaching Søren- he didn't like teaching anyone, if he was honest, it tried his patience- but if he was going to do it, he was going to make sure he learnt at least something. 'On the other hand, almost anyone can learn the basics, if they'll only listen to instruction. And no, I have not changed my mind, but I hope you'll put some effort into it, if you mean to learn?'

Post  Guest Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:38 pm

Søren sighed. He should have known this was going to be difficult. Inwardly he cursed himself for getting into this mess, and leaned down to take off his shoes. After placing them below his coat, he stood up straight again. Looking at Roderich, he could see that the Austrian would rather be doing something, no, anything else right now. Søren didn't really blame him, he was certain he'd probably blow this, as his concentration skills were rather low.

"I'll put as much effort into this as I can! And hopefully learn something as well." Søren answered Roderich's question with a sheepish grin.

Post  Guest Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:59 am

Roderich nodded. At least Søren was showing some kind of enthusiasm, even if he'd rather not be there. 'Good. Come through to the music room, then.' He turned and made his way over to his music room, motioning for Søren to follow. Looking back over his shoulder, he added, 'Can I get you something to drink? ...Tea, or something, I mean,' he hastily clarified. The last thing he needed was any kind of alcohol getting anywhere near his guest.

He mentally went over what he could teach Søren today; scales first, and finger placement, and basic chords...? Or perhaps it was better to start with a simple song or exercise. That might be more likely to hold his attention, and Roderich doubted the Dane really cared about all the technicalities of playing the instrument.

Post  Guest Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:24 am

Obediently Søren followed Roderich. He found himself curious to know what the music room was like. He himself had never really played any instrument, he rather listened to music, and rarely anything classical. He felt it was rather snobbish, but he never pointed that out to Roderich. He perked up when the Austrian mentioned drinks, but the clarification after the question crushed all his hopes of possibly getting beer.

"Thanks but... I don't think I'll have anything. Maybe it's best I just concentrate on learning?"

He'd sure need a beer after this, preferably more than one. He started planning which pubs he'd visit and who he'd call for company. Or maybe he'd just pick up some loner off his first stop. The thought made him smile.

Post  Guest Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:32 am

'Very well. If you change your mind, please let me know,' Roderich replied as they stepped into the music room. It was large and well lit, with a view into the garden from the window. Various instruments were placed around the room, but taking pride of place was Roderich's beloved parlour grand piano, its gleaming white keys and velvet covered bench currently looking very inviting to him. He would have liked nothing better than to sit and play for a while; however, he had a student to teach.

He beckoned Søren over to the piano, motioning for him to sit down. 'Now, when you're ready we'll start with middle C, and the C major scale. C is often the basis for a lot of songs. Finger placement is also important to learn early. You'll need to use your thumb for this one, and your index finger for this, and...' Roderich, without realising it, was already beginning to get carried away, pointing out keys and talking about techniques Søren wouldn't have the faintest clue about. It had been a while since he'd dealt with a beginner.

Post  Guest Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:01 am

"Uh yeah..." the rest of his reply was cut off as Søren stepped inside the music room. It was far bigger and more beautiful than he had expected, if he had actually expected anything. He gazed at all the different instruments, trying to remember their names. After recognizing the violin, piano and flute, he realized that paying attention on music lessons might have been a good idea, but it was far too late to regret that now.

Motioned by Roderich, Søren sat down in front of the piano. It had so many keys, but Søren didn't have much time to muse on that as Roderich started talking about C's, major C's, basic C's and other things Søren didn't understand. They sounded very complicated, and it seemed that this was going to be far more difficult than he had ever feared. He was certain this lesson would either result in him going crazy, or Roderich havin a nervous breakdown.

"Would you mind repeating that? And perhaps a little slower this time?" he asked, hoping Roderich didn't actually expect him to get all that.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 7:28 am