Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poll

Latest topics

» Graduate From High School
The castle EmptyTue May 22, 2012 2:10 am by robertstanley

» Official School Days Profile
The castle EmptyTue May 22, 2012 2:05 am by robertstanley

» Introduction aru~
The castle EmptyTue May 22, 2012 2:01 am by robertstanley

» ✧✶ ☆Magical Rainbow Theme Park ☆✶ ✧
The castle EmptyFri May 11, 2012 11:14 pm by Toris Laurinaitis

» Block 5A, Room C2 - The Gentleman's Club
The castle EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 9:22 pm by Toris Laurinaitis

» Well, who knew XDD
The castle EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 9:18 pm by Toris Laurinaitis

» Scotland App
The castle EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 11:34 am by Allistor Kirkland

» Reserve Here
The castle EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 7:36 pm by Allistor Kirkland

» Merhaba Everyone!
The castle EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 7:06 pm by Lukas Thomassen

Navigation

+3
Gilbert
Ludwig
Feliciano Vargas
7 posters

The castle

Feliciano Vargas
    Feliciano Vargas

The castle Empty The castle

Post  Feliciano Vargas Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:43 am

((*random and possibly fitting piece of OST*))

Feliciano waited quietly for Gilbert and Ludwig to be fully dressed and ready. He didn't have much to do, a part from closing his backpack again and place it on his own shoulders.

In the half-light of the bottom of the well, he couldn't spot what had happened, but he heard Ludwig's faint hiss, and hurried next to him. In front of them, now that the bricks of the well had magically slipped aside, stood a wall of thick darkness; a whiff of wet, cold and stagnating air hit them. The door had probably opened on one of the deepest corridors in the foundations of the castle.
    Eyes almost hypnotized by the blackness in front of him, Feliciano shivered, and instinctively grabbed Ludwig's arm; the dark was so thick that one could have cut it with a knife.
    At least, the silence was as deep as the darkness: the enemies, unaware of the secret entrance, weren't patrolling the place, apparently.

"Are you alright?" Feliciano asked in a whisper, uselessly looking up at the other to see his expression.
    How were they going to enter the castle, if they couldn't even see where to walk, in that darkness? They would end up caught in huge spiderwebs and then eaten by giant spiders... spiderwebs, oh God.

His fingers moved fast, while he half hummed a brief melody, until a small light globe that looked like a firefly (but brighter) appeared on the palm of his hand. It was the first spell he had ever learnt, when he was still a child and he and his brother were too afraid of darkness to even get out of their bed to pee and ...yeah.
    Well, that was long time ago, anyway.
    Ludwig
    Ludwig

The castle Empty Re: The castle

Post  Ludwig Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:19 pm

Ludwig glanced down at Feliciano, pulling his left arm, and consequently the smaller prince, close to him. "I am fine. I forgot that the wall requires blood to open," he said quietly. He ignored the dusk air that hit him like a wave. They were deep below the castle, and though their uncle had used the entrance every so often, mostly to avoid the ire of his partner for doing something that he shouldn't have--the king really was a good bit like Gilbert--it didn't negate the fact that it was a damp, dark tunnel.

"Along the walls should be torches that we can light if necessary..." he began, only to see the ball of light in Feliciano's hand. "Or you can use your magic."
    Gilbert
    Gilbert

Post  Gilbert Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:27 am

Gilbert got a hold of himself and followed his brother and his--oh hell he might as well call Feli his brother's date with the way the little prince was clutching onto Ludwig's arm. Darkness was never a problem for the albino. He'd never feared it. So he couldn't help but roll his eyes in good humor at the young man who was clearly uncomfortable with darkness. He'd remember to never take Feli caving.

Matthew Williams
    Matthew Williams

Post  Matthew Williams Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:03 pm

Matthew entered the hidden passage soon after the other three. His only concern when it came to the pitch black of the corridor was not being able to see anything he could potentially bump into. Feliciano had solved this issue before he could get to it, though judging by the way he was holding on to Ludwig, the other man probably done so out of fear.

Being able to see directly in front of him was enough, he figured. Once or twice, however, he considered the idea of lighting the torches like Ludwig had mentioned for every so often, he would narrowly avoid tripping over who-knows-what.
    Feliciano Vargas
    Feliciano Vargas

Post  Feliciano Vargas Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:30 pm

The small globe lightened Ludwig's palm, where Feliciano saw the small cut. Definitely nothing bad even for his own standards, but still, it was sort of sad that someone had to cut himself to enter somewhere.
    "Do you want me to heal this?" he asked softly, his fingertips tracing lightly the skin next to the wound.

In front of them, Feliciano's small magical light was illuminating the ground of the corridor. Although the place's smell was somehow stale, it looked like it had been used quite often - or at least, for what he could see - there was no trace of what he feared they could find.

"And, uhm, so... do we have to go, uhm, inside? Like..." he glanced back to the dark and dragged his feet. To say that he didn't feel like going across that dark tunnel and that he was terrified about what they were going to find upstairs was to state the obvious.
    "...what are we going to do?"
    Ludwig
    Ludwig

Post  Ludwig Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:27 pm

Ludwig looked down at his hand. "It should be fine," he said as he glanced at Feliciano. "I don't want you wasting your magic on a small cut like that."

He looked back to see how his brother was holding up. "Gilbert, let me know if you need anything or for us to slow down."

It was possible there wouldn't be much of an option in that regard, but he could try. "We're going to have to move forward. Matthew, Feliciano, if either of you have a good fire spell, having the torch may not be a bad idea, unless you are particularly quick with flint." They couldn't spend long lighting the torches, though having one was probably a good idea. Fire not only provided light but an added weapon. He knew this had to be scaring the small prince, so he kept him close as he moved along the dark tunnel, spotting one of the torches in the distance.
    Gilbert
    Gilbert

Post  Gilbert Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:43 am

Gilbert scoffed even though he understood his brother's concern. He made a light snort in Ludwig's direction as he followed the small group, bringing up the rear. "Fine, fine." He muttered.

He pulled a torch off the wall and lit it quickly and held it up high to add to illumination from Feli. He chuckled at something amusing in his own head.

"Oy, Ludwig. What is your plan once we get inside?"
    Ludwig
    Ludwig

Post  Ludwig Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:14 pm

"To try some stealth and to blend in. If not..." He held up his mace. "To use this. A lot." He also had every intention of putting Matthew and Feliciano someplace safe, if such a place existed in the castle. "There is every possibility the castle hasn't been completely taken yet.

He continued to keep the smaller prince close at the idea of him facing something as dangerous as a full-out assault on the castle. "We may have to do some improvising." And if Gilbert knew Ludwig at all, he would know that while he was capable of improvisation, he didn't like to do it.
    Feliciano Vargas
    Feliciano Vargas

Post  Feliciano Vargas Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:45 pm

Keeping himself close to Ludwig's side, the small light-globe now floating before them, illuminating the floor and part of the walls, Feliciano glanced from one brother to the other.
    He grasped that Ludwig was worried for Gilbert - of course he was, given what had just happened in the well. He wondered if that had been just an accident or whether there was something worse behind it. Anyway, he supposed he couldn't do much a part from hoping that Gilbert would be fine... that everyone of them would be fine, since they weren't exactly going for a pic-nic in that castle.

He gave a sort of nervous look to the mace. He knew Ludwig was pretty good with that, but still.. somehow, stealth sounded more appealing to him.

"It would be nice if we had an invisibility spell, or something like that." he commented.
    Matthew Williams
    Matthew Williams

Post  Matthew Williams Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:34 am

Personally, he wanted to avoid having to improvise, if possible. So he felt a bit silly knowing that it took Feliciano to remind him of something he should have suggested in the first place.

“Invisibility spell? I think I’d be able to help, then,” Matthew said, smiling slightly because it was one of the few spells he had used often enough to become comfortable with casting. Though he was used to needing it only for himself, he had used it on others before, as well.

Matthew had never used it on more than two other people, but he had a feeling it was doable. But he’d have to be careful; end up invisible to each other as well, or worse, if he made an error. “I mean, they’d still be able to hear us, but it should work if we’re quiet,” Matthew said, glancing at Ludwig to hear what he thought.
    Gilbert
    Gilbert

Post  Gilbert Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:54 pm

The albino griffin eyed the blonde. He could actually cast an invisibility spell, hm? He scratched his neck as he considered this.

Gilbert lifted his arm into the air and pointed down at himself. "First," he claimed with a grin.

Ludwig
    Ludwig

Post  Ludwig Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:52 pm

Ludwig nodded. "It sounds like a better idea. And if he feels in the mood..." He phrased it this way rather than insinuating his brother may not be strong enough to handle it. "Gilbert would likely be more stealthy than I when it comes time to take out our foes."

"Then, if it comes to it, I will use my mace." HE had to admit a small part of him got small satisfaction out of the idea that he would be able to smack some skulls with the heavy metal object. Especially if those people had caused harm to his family.

"Do your magic," he told Matthew. "Literally."
    Feliciano Vargas
    Feliciano Vargas

Post  Feliciano Vargas Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:03 pm

"You really have one?!" Feliciano exclaimed, surprised. "Use it, use it! May I be the second please?" he stepped next to Matthew, looking at him expectantly.

Invisibility was a good idea, like a moving hideaway. Enemies weren't going to see them, so they would just pass through the corridors unnoticed and just curl up next to the wall if somethingthing happened and...
    "Ah, we won't see each other as well, right? We should stay together.. or we will get lost.."

He and Matthew couldn't risk to lose Ludwig and Gilbert - the idea of not knowing where to go in what was going be a maze of corridors and rooms crowded by enemy soldiers wasn't the best ever, even if they were invisible.
    Feliciano grabbed Ludwig's hand firmly and tight, decided to let it not go until they had reached a safe place.

((going to be MIA until next tuesday~ Feli's just gonna follow them all scared and worried))
    Matthew Williams
    Matthew Williams

Post  Matthew Williams Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:32 pm

“Well, we should be able to see each other but it’s not a guarantee…” Matthew answered Feliciano, not wanting to go into detail on how this was the first time he would be trying the spell on this many people.

He concentrated, turning to look at Gilbert before mumbling a few words in an even quieter tone than how he normally talked. After seeing that it was successful, he repeated this process with the others before finally casting the spell on himself.

The spell had worked for him, too, but with one problem. He was able to see everyone except Gilbert, who was still invisible to him. “Does everyone else have one person they can’t see or is it just me?” he asked, annoyed at his inability to do even this correctly.
    Gilbert
    Gilbert

Post  Gilbert Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:14 pm

Gilbert felt a strange warmth as the spell was cast on him first. Then he watched as something in the other men's appearances changed. He could still see them, but it was like he could tell there was a magic veil over them. He held his hands up in front of him, but could still clearly see his on flesh.

Then Matthew enchanted himself, and he flicked out of view. Gilbert blinked several times. He could see his brother and the younger prince, but not the caster. How odd. Then he heard the young man's voice from the empty spot among them.

"Hmm...you. I can't really see you at all, Matthew."

Oh...suddenly Gilbert hoped he wasn't visible to Ludwig. He'd love to sneak up on him and give him a wedgie.
    Ludwig
    Ludwig

Post  Ludwig Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:44 am

Ludwig glanced up after feeling that warm wave of magic washing over him. He could see Feliciano still clinging to his hand and he gave the prince's hand a slight squeeze just in case he could not see him.

He looked up at Gilbert and the space Matthew had once inhabited. "Well, I can clearly see Gilbert, but I only know where you are, Matthew, because I heard you speak."

He looked at Gilbert again and then at the air formerly occupied--currently occupied?--by Matthew. "Will this affect others seeing us?"
    Arthur Kirkland
    Arthur Kirkland

Post  Arthur Kirkland Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:26 am

A few days had passed since the incident at the Inn. Arthur had looked all over the town for Alfred, but he was nowhere to be found. Not that he had expected the other wanting to talk to him. After a day of looking, he had sat down to think where he might have gone when he remembered Alfred had originally been here with his brother and a few others. Maybe he gone to rejoin them? But where to find them? They could been far away by now. So he had decided to use the help of the faerie who had joined him earlier in the trip, the little creature had been more than happy to help and so he waited for her to return as she went searching.

It turned out, the others had not gone far at all.

So here he was a day later, walking through a long dark, what he believed to be hidden passageway. His only companion the faerie, who as well as providing a clever light source, kept poking and prodding at him in an attempt to cheer him up. He was about to start questioning the small creature when he sensed familiar magic and heard familiar voices, but he saw no one up ahead considering the voices were quite close. Invisibility spell maybe?

"Hello? Please, to god, tell me you're here"

Matthew Williams
    Matthew Williams

Post  Matthew Williams Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:12 pm

Matthew frowned as Ludwig turned to look at the spot he was standing in a few seconds ago, which confirmed that the others really couldn’t see him. Well this certainly brought being unnoticeable to a whole other level. Well at least it was fitting. He was the one who made the mistake, after all.

“This shouldn’t really hinder anything too much, I’ll just have to make sure that I’m not in your way, and—“ Matthew stopped, certain that he heard a familiar voice. Sure enough, within moments, he spotted the worried king who was calling out in their direction.

“Tell you that who’s here? Where’s Alfred?” he asked in an almost demanding tone. Under normal circumstances Matthew wouldn’t have dared to talk to anyone that way, let alone his king. Yet he had the uneasy feeling that something may have happened to his brother, who, no matter how annoying he could be at times, was still family.
    Arthur Kirkland
    Arthur Kirkland

Post  Arthur Kirkland Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:01 pm

Arthur guessed by that reaction that Alfred was not here with the group. And he guessed by that demanding tone, the speaker was Alfred's brother and it only made his guilt worse. He knew either way his brother was going to be furious about the whole situation, but to be honest he didn't feel like explaining it all. Everything was way out of control.

"You, you're Alfred's brother aren't you?" Arthur sighed and thought how best to answer. "Me and Alfred.... we had a bit of a falling out you see". A little bit a falling out??? A LITTLE BIT??."Okay, not so much of a little falling out as a huge falling out, he left after that and I looked all over to find him. But then I thought for sure that he would come to find you"

Arthur was really worried now, where was Alfred? Was he alright? He was so lost in his own thoughts now that he forgot to consider the inevitable questions that were bound to be asked.
    Ludwig
    Ludwig

Post  Ludwig Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:33 pm

Ludwig wanted to hit the king. The last thing they needed was an upset spellcaster, especially one that Ludwig considered as a friend. With a frown, he addressed the other man. "I don't know how you got in here, breaking through the magical wards, but perhaps you noticed that my family's castle is under attack." He looked in Matthew's general direction. "As soon as we can recover the castle, I assure you I'll do everything I can to find where your brother is."

"Your majesty, we're about to enter the main part of the castle, and we are going to encounter dangerous foes." He squeezed Feliciano's hand in his own. He didn't want to frighten the young man, but at the moment, he was concerned about his people and his family. Not to mention that the normally quiet Matthew sounded protective of his brother. So far, he'd learned the man didn't get easily upset over things that didn't matter. Like Ludwig, he was worried about his family
    Feliciano Vargas
    Feliciano Vargas

Post  Feliciano Vargas Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:16 pm

The feeling of the spell turning him invisible wasn't bad at all, it was comforting instead, it gave him a sense of protection.
    He immediately turned around to check if he was still able to see the others, and he was happy to discover that everyone was still visible to him.
    "I can see all of you~" he exclaimed, relieved, returning Ludwig's squeeze without thinking.

He glanced at the others' faces - well, at what he could see of them in the half-light of the tunnel - and he could have almost laughed at their puzzled expressions, if the situation hadn't been so dangerous.

Instead, he jumped when he heard and then saw the blonde king appearing almost out of nowhere in the tunnel. W-was he alone? W-was he an enemy? W-wasn't he supposed to be still in the town or...? His confusion about the appearance of the newcomer didn't last much, though, because when Ludwig squeezed his hand again to comfort him, Feliciano looked down, only to discover that the prince's hand was holding... nothing. There was only air among Ludwig's fingers, even though Feliciano could feel his own hand there.

"I cannot see myself!!!" he cried out, horrified.
    Arthur Kirkland
    Arthur Kirkland

Post  Arthur Kirkland Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:59 pm

Two more voices were heard. One claiming this to be his family's castle. The prince of this land, of course. The prince of this land who currently didn't sound too pleased with him either, this whole plan was not going as he intended it. The second voice, he knew he recognized it but wasn't sure from where, apparently could not see himself. This was a very odd spell indeed.... there were too many odd spells happening lately.

"I apologize for intruding upon your mission. I did notice something was different with the castle yes, I wasn't aware it was under attack though!" He actually felt like he was speaking to thin air and god it made him feel stupid, even though he knew they were there. "As I stated, I came here to look for Alfred. But if these are the people who intend to cause war, then I will offer my assistance to help return peace. I still hope to find Alfred to sort out this entire situation, so if you intend on searching for him afterwards, I hope you don't mind me going with you?"

As much as the guilt was still very much there, this was the reason why he had left his beloved Woodland Realm.... to offer his assistance, so he was determined to help in any way.
    Gilbert
    Gilbert

Post  Gilbert Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:07 am

Gilbert felt himself growling in his chest. It was so low that only those directly beside him would be able to hear it, but he didn't like that his beast form was breaking through. It usually only happened when he was sick or under extreme stress...and sometimes both.

He forced himself to take heavy breaths to calm and stood closer to his brother, slightly between him and the new male in their presence. Their shoulders nearly touched. It was a natural protective stance and he barely registered that he was doing it. At the same time he reached his arm out to the spot where Matthew should be. He was still in his care after all. He'd flown the human here, and he was damned sure he would fly him back safely.

Matthew Williams
    Matthew Williams

Post  Matthew Williams Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:58 pm

“You really would, Ludwig?” Matthew asked, with a large amount of gratefulness in his tone, “Thank you so much.” He didn’t normally take issue with Alfred being on his own; after all, that was pretty much what his brother was doing for a while as far as he knew. But the worry in Arthur’s expression made him wonder if something had gone terribly wrong and if there was something the king wasn’t telling them.

Matthew had no problems with Arthur joining them but would leave it up to Ludwig decide, as it was his family’s castle at jeopardy. He looked at the prince to see what his response would be when he felt something touch his arm.

He looked at it and was alarmed for a fraction of a second when he saw nothing there before remembering that Gilbert was invisible to him. It concerned him him how quickly he forgot certain details when he was worried.
    Ludwig
    Ludwig

Post  Ludwig Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:02 pm

"Absolutely," Ludwig said. "And your majesty, I can assure you I will not turn down your assistance. As soon as we get things sorted with my family and the castle, I will be able to help you find Matthew's brother."

He looked at the tunnel in front of them. It wouldn't be much further before they reached a door to the main part of the castle. "I think we should move on ahead." He repositioned his arm and hand on Feliciano's so that his arm wrapped around Feliciano's. His hand again took Feliciano's in his own.

"Your majesty, will you be able to cast a spell on yourself to avoid detection by the rebels?"

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 3:53 am