Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poll

Latest topics

» Graduate From High School
Traveler's Inn EmptyTue May 22, 2012 2:10 am by robertstanley

» Official School Days Profile
Traveler's Inn EmptyTue May 22, 2012 2:05 am by robertstanley

» Introduction aru~
Traveler's Inn EmptyTue May 22, 2012 2:01 am by robertstanley

» ✧✶ ☆Magical Rainbow Theme Park ☆✶ ✧
Traveler's Inn EmptyFri May 11, 2012 11:14 pm by Toris Laurinaitis

» Block 5A, Room C2 - The Gentleman's Club
Traveler's Inn EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 9:22 pm by Toris Laurinaitis

» Well, who knew XDD
Traveler's Inn EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 9:18 pm by Toris Laurinaitis

» Scotland App
Traveler's Inn EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 11:34 am by Allistor Kirkland

» Reserve Here
Traveler's Inn EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 7:36 pm by Allistor Kirkland

» Merhaba Everyone!
Traveler's Inn EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 7:06 pm by Lukas Thomassen

Navigation

5 posters

Traveler's Inn

Ludwig
    Ludwig

Traveler's Inn Empty Traveler's Inn

Post  Ludwig Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:05 pm

Walking from the street, past all of the vendors, Ludwig opened the door to the inn where they already had their rooms reserved. "Why don't we go to the larger room to do this?" he suggested, looking back to see if the others were with them. He then went to the innkeeper and informed him that Ivan would be coming up shortly.
    Matthew Williams
    Matthew Williams

Traveler's Inn Empty Re: Traveler's Inn

Post  Matthew Williams Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:08 am

Matthew got up from the table and followed the others through Rothenburg from one inn to the other where they were staying. Since there were now four of them and remembering that Ivan may join them soon, he nodded. “Yes, I think the bigger room would be better."

He then remembered that he had left his belongings at this inn and went to retrieve them, thanking the innkeeper as he did so. He’d check later, but the bag weighed about the same and nothing appeared to be missing.
    Feliciano Vargas
    Feliciano Vargas

Post  Feliciano Vargas Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:38 am

"Yes~" he agreed with the others. The bigger the better, and that way he was already in his room, just in case he needed to take one of his after-lunch siestas - and he totally felt like one, in that moment, all full of food and beer as he was.

Feliciano followed Ludwig and Matthew at the counter to retrieve his backpack as well. He didn't care to check if everything was still inside, and started going upstairs after having asked the keys of their room. He came back after he found that the door he'd opened was the brooms' closet. The second try was luckier and he went up the stairs.
    Gilbert
    Gilbert

Post  Gilbert Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:01 pm

Gilbert followed his brother through the streets and into the inn. He waited without sound as Ludwig informed the innkeeper of their companion to come. He watched the little man open the wrong door--which lead to a closet. This small human was on their side? Gilbert didn't wish to think about it. At least the other man with the dragon seemed like he could be useful, even if the man gave him a bad feeling. And that dragon...

Gilbert shook it off as he headed up the stairs.
    Ludwig
    Ludwig

Post  Ludwig Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:55 pm

Ludwig grabbed his own things and headed up to his room. He smiled at Feliciano and glanced at his brother. He also made a quick check that Matthew was on his way.

He unlocked the door and walked inside. It wasn't bad, but his beer-addled brain was thinking it was a shame that he would be sharing a separate bed from the somewhat giggling and tipsy Feliciano.

"There we are."
    Feliciano Vargas
    Feliciano Vargas

Post  Feliciano Vargas Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:13 pm

As he entered the room, he located the closer bed and jumped on it happily, dropping his stuff on the mattress. He curled on it - it wasn't the best bed ever, it was quite cheap, actually, according to the standards he was used to at home, but it was the first time he could feel a real mattress under his body in a long time, and he surely wasn't going to complain. Furthermore, he felt so sleepy right now that just anything would do.

"Luuuudwig. Can we take a small nap, today?" the tall man would take some time before reaching them, so...

He stretched, his head half hidden in the small pillow. He really needed some good rest after all those days of travel and dangers.
    Ludwig
    Ludwig

Post  Ludwig Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:37 pm

"I need to update my brother on what is going on. So... if you need a nap, go ahead," he told the other man. He sat down on the bed where Feliciano had curled up. "Gilbert, if you and Matthew want to come in, that will be fine. We'll talk a bit about the situation, then we can decide how much we want to tell the other man from the tavern."
    Gilbert
    Gilbert

Post  Gilbert Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:05 pm

Gilbert sat on the other bed and kicked off his boots. He wasn't sure how he felt about his brother's [obvious] new crush. The young man seemed constantly hyped and very cutsie. It made him want to eat something salty to counter-act the gross overly sweet side the male was showing. Gilbert liked sweetness, but there was such thing as a diabetic coma.

As for his brother, well Ludwig looked like he wanted to jump the boy--which would not be good since they both seemed at least a little drunk. Gilbert felt a little uneasy. He wasn't used to his brother being in less control than he, and hoped that isn't what the night would come to.

He folded his hands over his lap once he removed his cloak. Staring down his sibling, the albino coughed loudly.
    Matthew Williams
    Matthew Williams

Post  Matthew Williams Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:12 pm

Matthew nodded and entered the room once Ludwig had given him permission. When he looked at both Ludwig and Feliciano from the doorway, he could tell that they both were at least a little drunk. And in Matthew’s opinion, their attraction for each other couldn’t have been more obvious at this point.

However, he had faith that Ludwig would be sober enough to tell his brother what he needed to know. He certainly seemed better at handling alcohol than Feliciano, who had already made himself comfortable and was about to take a nap. Then again, Matthew thought, the smaller man probably would have done so anyway.

Taking his bag off of his shoulders, Matthew took a seat on the floor with his back against the wall opposite the two beds. He waited for Ludwig to begin explaining the situation.
    Ludwig
    Ludwig

Post  Ludwig Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:16 am

Ludwig had taken to looking back at Feliciano again, only to snap his head up at his brother clearing his throat.

"I'm sorry. It has been months since I had beer and, perhaps, I overdid it." He folded his hands on his lap. "You can take the other bed to sit on if you need to."

He glanced at the door to ensure it was shut. "We can give Ivan a short summary of this later, but you need the full details."

He touched Feliciano's shoulder. "Feliciano is one of the two princes of the Kingdom of the Sun. Someone has determined that war between our country and theirs will benefit them, either in title or finances. We don't know which yet. While on the road, someone tried to attack him in an assassination plot." He forced himself to pull his hand away. "I assume that having Feliciano die in our country could be seen as excuse enough to bring war.

"The would-be assassin was riding horseback. I had to unfortunately take out the horse in order to get the warrior. Before I could get more answers or finish off the rider, though, he vanished using some magical item that transported him somewhere safe."

He looked at his brother. "I need to ensure that all three of the kingdoms in Rhynland are on the same page. I've contacted Roderich and I assume we can safely contact our uncle."

Their uncle had mated another male, and as such had not provided any heir for his kingdom. He couldn't ask a king to travel to the border area in lands that were not technically his.

"That's what we know so far. But for now, I'm acting as Feliciano's bodyguard." He glanced back at the small man.
    Gilbert
    Gilbert

Post  Gilbert Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:26 am

Gilbert raised his eyebrow and leaned to rest his elbows on his knees, his head in his hands. He sighed. "Yes this would be a problem if he died in our country. I am glad you were able to save him.”

The snoring youth distracted him and he felt his lip pull up at the sound. Humans snored much more than he was used to. This is why Gilbert did not normally sleep with his human conquests. He glanced away from the boy. To be honest, Gilbert did not sleep with any of his conquests…

He looked at his brother directly. "Uncle informed me the last time I was visiting that he would name you as his successor, so I believe it is safe for you to begin acting as such."
    Ludwig
    Ludwig

Post  Ludwig Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:56 am

Ludwig's head snapped up in surprise. "He... I thought perhaps you and Roderich would want to take part of that land." He was in shock and feeling a bit more sober.

"I really never thought I'd get to rule." He swallowed, as though a lump was suddenly in hi throat he couldn't get around.

He glanced back at Feliciano. If his suspicions were correct about Feliciano, he knew that the young man could be his mate. There were options to ensure that he had an heir, unlike his uncle who found his own mate later in life and, it seemed, already made his decisions about succession for the throne.

"I sent a note to our cousin." He looked at Gilbert and preemptively stopped any comments about Roderich by putting up his hand. "And despite past differences, I need for the two of you to work together. Then, I suppose we'll go to see Uncle."

He looked to Matthew. "Do you feel up for a trip to Hanover?"
    Gilbert
    Gilbert

Post  Gilbert Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:14 am

"You would be a better leader than either of us anyway, and Uncle always knew that."

Gilbert leaned back and swung his legs up onto the bed so that he was laying down. "Hell, if we didn't need three--and yes I believe three is a good number and works well for the country--I'd step down and give you mine." The young man pulled out a hand-rolled cigarette. He lit it soundlessly and began to smoke it with long slow intakes of air. He licked his lips as he pulled it away from his mouth. He spit into a handkerchief and put the cigarette out in it to save the rest of the stick for later after only a few drags.

He grumbled to himself for a moment. "Anyhow, even if he hadn't named you...when Uncle died, I would have fought that punk-ass cousin of ours if he tried to take or split that position. It would have been yours either way, my brother."
    Feliciano Vargas
    Feliciano Vargas

Post  Feliciano Vargas Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:47 am

((pffft I feel almost sorry for Gilbert XD))

Feliciano opened his eyes again at the sudden change in Ludwig's voice, and at the scent of smoke that suddenly filled the air.

He vaguely remembered that once one of the rulers of the Rhynland had come to his palace in visit, but he couldn't recall anything about him in that moment.
    He reached out an hand to touch slightly Ludwig's elbow.
    "You'll be a great ruler~" he commented with a kind smile. Surely, he would be better than whatever Feliciano could even dream of becoming.

All the initial giggles had gone away by listening to Ludwig's summary of their journey and situation. Now, Feliciano felt only tired and a bit dizzy.
    He sat up as well, slowly, and glanced over at the other Griffin prince and at Matthew.

"If I may have a word, there's also the issue of my country itself..." he rubbed his forehead, trying to put all the thoughts in order. "I have no idea of who this guy who is plotting against us may be, but since the killer was after me, it's possible that he's located in my Kingdom, isn't it?"
    He cleared his throat. "This means that, possibly, something is going on at home as well. I should send them a message to reassure them that I'm safe and to warn them that they're in danger, but... as far as I know, the plotter can be part of the court itself."

He wrapped his arms around his knees, his chin resting on them, melancholically. Could he still trust the people home? And who could he trust, among them?
    Gilbert
    Gilbert

Post  Gilbert Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:51 am

Gilbert hummed quietly as he listened to the small man explain the situation in his kingdom. He scratched his neck as he thought it over. "You may have a very good point there, Tiny Dancer."

The white-haired man sat up suddenly and looked to Feliciano. He tapped his foot on the ground softly as the skin around his eyes crinkled in concentration. Again, he scratched his throat, and then spoke.

"I agree. But a message should be sent to ensure that there is no talk of warring on us over a lack of communication--and perhaps untruthful messengers who may outright claim your death." Gilbert worked the inside of his cheek. "I feel that one or two of us should go directly, or we should send someone we trust completely. Perhaps Roddy or Uncle, for example." His eyes looked to his brother. "I could also easily do it, or one of my higher up men could. I trust them all completely and they are not fools."

(oh yes? Why’s that? Razz)
    Matthew Williams
    Matthew Williams

Post  Matthew Williams Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:38 am

(( fff- Tiny Dancer….))

“Hanover?” Alright, so he really didn’t know where that was, but it didn’t matter. If that was where they were headed, Matthew would follow them. “Sure.”

When Feliciano sat up to speak, he could tell he looked a bit worn out. He hoped it was because of the alcohol and not because he was thinking about the assassination attempt the day before.

To be honest, Matthew felt a little out of place in a room with three princes who were discussing their lands’ politics. Though that was to be expected from a noble who left his homeland in favor of becoming a lute player. So he just sat back and tried to take this all in.
    Feliciano Vargas
    Feliciano Vargas

Post  Feliciano Vargas Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:13 pm

((because of the diabetic coma XD and Tiny Dancer~ now I've the song stuck in my head))

Feliciano nodded: he knew that his family had to know that he was safe, and that the royals of the Rhynland didn't mean any harm against him. Quite the opposite, instead, but they could spread the word Feliciano was dead, killed by them, and the war could start anyway.

"The king would be the best person..." And the safest, probably. His grandfather had raised him and his brother as his own sons, he would recognize a real message sent from his grandson. But there were too many people around him, too many secretaries and advisors - he hated to admit that, and it hurt a lot, but he had always known that some of the people around them in the court were just greedy nobles, all smiling and bowing, but ready to stab you in the back as soon as you let your guard down. Now he was fully aware of that.

"...but there are too many hands my message would have to pass to reach him. My brother would be easier to contact, maybe." His brother could go directly to the King. If his brother was at home, though.

He rubbed his forehead on his knees, and then went back to look at the white haired Griffin prince.
    "But it's dangerous to show up there. Like they wanted to kill me and have you guilty of my murder, they can as well do the same with you in my Kingdom."
    Ludwig
    Ludwig

Post  Ludwig Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:12 pm

He frowned at his brother's words, not used to the usually self confident man to talk about himself in such a way. But he had to admit that some things seemed off about him lately.

"Uncle might be a good choice and we could discuss that with him." He put a hand on Feliciano's back and rubbed soothing circles. "Along with some of your best men, Gilbert."

He sighed. "If not, we might be able to entice them to come here. Perhaps through some royal event. But we can begin with a messenger of sorts."

He stretched his legs out in front of him.

"Royal balls, weddings, those are always the kinds of things that bring countries together." He paused. "Even a celebration in connection to officially making me the heir to Uncle's throne." He still wasn't accustomed to that. "But it will all depend upon what has been told to your people thus far, Feliciano."
    Gilbert
    Gilbert

Post  Gilbert Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:30 pm

Gilbert nodded to his brother. "I think a masque ball for your naming would be an idea. Direct contact with Feliciano's family in a safe environment."

He nodded his head again and gnawed on his cheek. He watched the other three men in the room. His brother was drunk, but still able to plan--which was good. The small brunet was more steady now it would seem. Perhaps he was sobering, though Gilbert doubted it. Humans stayed drunk for a long time from so few drinks.

The young blond man on the floor puzzled him the most. He understood why the prince was with them, but why him? He didn't know if he needed protection or perhaps he was a spy. Gilbert looked at the sweet face and large eyes and rethought that. He was fairly sure that if this man were a spy he'd be the best ever trained because he was too innocent looking to be devious. So he doubted it highly.
    Ivan Bragnisky
    Ivan Bragnisky
    Admin

Post  Ivan Bragnisky Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:39 am

Ivan set up protective wards around his rented room before slipping out the back entrance of the tavern. His little conversations earlier had gotten him noticed and at least three patrons had been hanging around his room when he went upstairs. It was better to take precautions rather than continue to be so lax. His scythes were a comfortable weight on his back and the people gave him a wide birth as he strolled across the village square. Ivan ducked into the tavern and let his pet point the way to the room. He knocked on the appropriate door before entering, the door closing behind him with a soft click.
    Feliciano Vargas
    Feliciano Vargas

Post  Feliciano Vargas Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:22 am

Sighing, still embracing his knees, he leant against Ludwig's side, closing his eyes and letting his strokes comfort him. His head felt heavy, and the anxiety for their situation didn't help him overcoming the tiredness and to sober up.

Anyway, he raised his head again at the mention of royal events and celebrations.
    "Ve, a masque ball sounds nice~" the idea cheered him up a bit.
    "But yes, we need to know how the situation there is." he sighed again and rested his chin on his knees. If he only knew some spell to send messages safely, or to communicate with people through the distance...

Again, he lifted his head as he heard someone knocking on the door, and then saw the tall dragon's master enter the room.
    Feliciano waved at him, smiling faintly.
    Matthew Williams
    Matthew Williams

Post  Matthew Williams Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:42 am

Matthew agreed; a masque ball would definitely work in their favor if they needed a way to talk to the royals from the Kingdom of the Sun. And hopefully it would help resolve their situation without getting any more kingdoms involved than necessary. Matthew hated to think of the resulting mess if even more individuals got dragged in. Yet that was still a possibility, depending on what exactly they were up against.

Although he was deep in thought, Matthew got the feeling that someone was looking at him. He looked up nervously at the three on the beds and looked quickly away again when he realized Gilbert had been looking at him. What was wrong? Was there something on his face?

Just then the door opened and Matthew was suddenly nervous for a completely different reason. He had the feeling that the scythes Ivan carried were merely a preview to the ‘frightening battle methods’ he’d been talking about.

“Hello again,” Matthew said with a warm smile even as Ivan’s level of intimidation had just skyrocketed.
    Gilbert
    Gilbert

Post  Gilbert Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:26 pm

Gilbert nodded curtly to the tall man as he entered the room, his gaze following him.

As his eyes followed Ivan, Gilbert spoke to Matthew. "If you would like to sit on the bed, that would be acceptable."

Gilbert preferred to sit near the blond human over the tall dragon master, and he certainly didn't want another puff of sulfuric smoke up his nostrils. As there was little room left on the floor, he figured the man would either choose to sit near him or stand for the duration. Gilbert would rather not take the chance. He looked away from the man and the dragon and to the young man he'd just spoke to, locking eyes with him in an attempt to send him a visual message--he hoped he didn't look creepy.

"In fact, I would consider it an honor if you were to sit next to me."
    Ludwig
    Ludwig

Post  Ludwig Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:10 pm

Ludwig raised a curious eyebrow at his brother's behavior, but a lot of things his brother did tended to confuse him. He wrapped his own arm around Feliciano and held him close. "We'll find a way to take care of this." The alcohol was making him more inclined to care for the other man. "And I will protect you, I promise that."

He looked to Ivan, wondering how his own mace would fare against the others' scythes. "I think you're familiar with who we all are. You seemed to be at the tavern. Someone is attempting to create a war between the Rhynland and the Kingdom of the Sun. We need to find out who it was who is doing this and get a message to the king there while we contact our Uncle to ensure war doesn't happen."

He looked at Ivan. "Are you still willing to help?"
    Ivan Bragnisky
    Ivan Bragnisky
    Admin

Post  Ivan Bragnisky Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:43 pm

"Of course~ It sounds like it vill be an interesting journey I think~" Ivan smiled and leaned against the closed door.

"And I take it this meeting is a secret? You forgot to set up vards." He turned around and drew symbols in the air hung, burning in the air. He blew gently and the wards etched themselves into the wood.

"Now that that is taken care of~" He turned back to face everyone. "You can continue talking~ I vill just listen~"

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 11:23 am