Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poll

Latest topics

» Graduate From High School
Traveler's Inn - Page 4 EmptyTue May 22, 2012 2:10 am by robertstanley

» Official School Days Profile
Traveler's Inn - Page 4 EmptyTue May 22, 2012 2:05 am by robertstanley

» Introduction aru~
Traveler's Inn - Page 4 EmptyTue May 22, 2012 2:01 am by robertstanley

» ✧✶ ☆Magical Rainbow Theme Park ☆✶ ✧
Traveler's Inn - Page 4 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 11:14 pm by Toris Laurinaitis

» Block 5A, Room C2 - The Gentleman's Club
Traveler's Inn - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 9:22 pm by Toris Laurinaitis

» Well, who knew XDD
Traveler's Inn - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 9:18 pm by Toris Laurinaitis

» Scotland App
Traveler's Inn - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 11:34 am by Allistor Kirkland

» Reserve Here
Traveler's Inn - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 7:36 pm by Allistor Kirkland

» Merhaba Everyone!
Traveler's Inn - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 7:06 pm by Lukas Thomassen

Navigation

5 posters

Traveler's Inn

Gilbert
    Gilbert

Traveler's Inn - Page 4 Empty Re: Traveler's Inn

Post  Gilbert Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:02 am

Gilbert gathered his things and looked at Ludwig.

"Where did the other human say he was going? He is riding with me correct?"

He kicked Roderich's ankle absently.

Post  Guest Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:19 am

Erzsebet was talking to one of her men when Roderich’s message reached her. She immediately dismissed him and walked outside to her horse. The Inn Roderich mentioned was not far away, and she wasn’t going to fly there when she could simply use Radu, her horse, to get there.

She felt a giddy, happy feeling in her stomach when she was traveling. She hadn’t seen Roderich in weeks, ever since came here, and now the thought that he was here and well and wanted to see her brought one of those silly smiles to her face.

If Roderich needed her, she was going to do whatever she could to help him. The Inn came into view, so Erzsebet got off her horse and walked towards the door. She knocked at the door and waited.
    Matthew Williams
    Matthew Williams

Post  Matthew Williams Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:28 am

(Might as well since I have two days left before I actually leave. I’m an idiot and didn’t time that right before.)

Matthew was just about to fall asleep at the doorway when the door opened and he looked up to see Ivan walk past him. Assuming everyone was awake by the voices he heard from the room, he slipped through the door and was once again in the room.

The first thing he noticed was that there was someone new and he assumed that it was the cousin Ludwig had been trying to contact. Judging by the way he was dressed, he didn’t care so much about going incognito.

“I’m here,” Matthew said when Gilbert asked where he had went, “And I guess I am, then.” Once again, he had gone unnoticed and he wondered why that kept happening. As far as he knew, he didn’t do things any differently than anyone else. Yet he was still more likely to get overlooked. Oh well, it couldn’t be helped.

Post  Guest Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:23 am

Roderich shot Gilbert a look, before giving up and rolling his eyes. He headed for the door, stopping when he almost bumped into the newcomer. 'Oh, excuse me. You must be Matthew?' He held out his hand for the man to shake. 'If you're riding with Gilbert, do be careful he doesn't throw you off. He likes to show off.'

He turned to Ludwig. 'Are we going? I expect the General is waiting.'
    Ludwig
    Ludwig

Post  Ludwig Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:14 pm

Ludwig nodded and put his pack on his back. He smiled at Matthew. "Don't worry about my brother. He should be careful as long as you are with him." Admittedly, the operating word in that was "should" but he trusted his brother wouldn't hurt Ludwig's friend. "I suppose we're all ready, so let's head back to the tavern."

He walked out of the door and back in the direction of the Dam Tavern. He would need to speak to the owner again to find the best and safest place to take off, but considering the attention his two relatives brought to their little party, he questioned if there was any point in the matter at all.

"Matthew, did you want to tell your brother goodbye? He's probably around here somewhere."

He didn't know if the brothers really were that close. They would be waiting for the general for a least a short while, so if it wouldn't take long, it seemed fair enough for Matthew to get to say his goodbyes.
    Feliciano Vargas
    Feliciano Vargas

Post  Feliciano Vargas Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:54 pm

Feliciano stood up and trotted after Ludwig and Matthew down the stairs and through the roads.

He was definitely curious to see how they would do to take off, and to discover the Griffin form of the other princes as well. He also hoped that Matthew would be alright during the flight - he trusted Ludwig fully, but they were still dealing with flying and riding Griffins.
    Gilbert
    Gilbert

Post  Gilbert Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:35 am

Gilbert followed along, walking closer to Matthew. He grinned wide and assured him that he wouldn't drop him or throw him. He then glared at Roderich.

"For your information, I have never thrown a passenger."

He pointed with his thumb toward Roderich, but addressed Matthew. "Mr. Priss himself has probably never 'lowered' himself to give a human a ride. The truth is I like you guys. Humans I mean. You in particular remind me of my Gilbird. Though, that could be the hair..."

Gilbert drifted off and let his mind wander back to his tiny friend waiting for him at home.
    Matthew Williams
    Matthew Williams

Post  Matthew Williams Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:41 am

“Nice to meet you,” Matthew responded as he shook Roderich’s hand and smiled. Though the smile faded slightly at the thought of falling off. He chuckled nervously and followed Ludwig out of the inn.

At least Ludwig and Gilbert were reassuring. “Oh, well, I trust you, then,” Matthew told the latter, though he was only a bit more relieved. Matthew also wondered what a ‘Gilbird’ was and could only assume it was a yellow, maybe fluffy bird. Which sounded adorable, actually.

He thought about what Ludwig had said about saying goodbye to his brother. Matthew didn’t know when he’d see him next, so it would be a good idea. The only problem was that he had no idea where Alfred was. Figuring he had to be somewhere in Rothenburg, Matthew said, “Thank you, I’ll try to find him quickly.” He spent a few minutes wandering around the town, searching for his twin before he realized that he had no idea what he was doing.

(I don’t know if it was intentional or not, but thanks for giving me a temporary exit, Lud 8D)
    Ludwig
    Ludwig

Post  Ludwig Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:44 pm

Ludwig smiled and headed for the tavern, going to work out a deal with the man there to use one of his fields to take off from. The owner was, thankfully, out front of the business, adjusting some flowers in the windowsill. The man was loyal to Ludwig's family to the end, and that reassuring fact meant that the man was more than glad to let them travel a half mile to the family's wheat field, hopefully find some privacy, and take off for Hanover. The man had also agreed to send message to Matthew, possibly even take the boy part of the way himself if the princes needed to leave quickly for any reason.

He hated that it would still attract some attention, but that couldn't be avoided where Gilbert and Roderich were concerned.

He glanced at his cousin. "How is the general doing? I haven't seen her in some time." It struck him that he didn't know where the general would be meeting them. "Will she know to come here or is she heading directly to Uncle's palace?"

(I thought you might need an out, Matt. And if we do leave, you haven't been forgotten. You can say you arrived/caught up to us thanks to the owner of the tavern/mill)

Post  Guest Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:13 pm

Roderich idly brushed non-existant dust from his coat. 'Mm? I think I told her to meet us at the tavern. ...Or did I say meet us at the inn...well, in any case, she'll know where to find me.' She actually seemed to have an uncanny knack for it.

'I haven't seen her myself for a while. My father sent her here on some official business or other a couple of weeks ago. I hope she's well...' He had missed her quite a bit, but it wouldn't do to say as much- partly because of their professional relationship, and partly because of his own stoicism. He didn't need anyone speculating. He changed the subject to distract himself. 'You seem to be getting on well with Prince Feliciano.'

(Erzsebet's actually standing outside the inn, I think, but she's going to be away until Thursday, so I guess she'll meet up with us then?)
    Ludwig
    Ludwig

Post  Ludwig Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:22 pm

He shrugged. "He's fairly easy to get along with," he said. "And he hired me as his bodyguard. While I was just an incognito mercenary warrior who stumbled across his campsite." He remembered the man trying to hide behind his instrument, looking terrified. He already seemed braver, to Ludwig at least. He liked to think that was his influence.

Shit. He was smiling. He could feel it on his own face, and he knew Roderich would be able to read that as easily as Gilbert seemed to.

"He's very friendly. Perhaps a bit too friendly, as he likes to flirt with the ladies quite a bit. That was one of the first things he asked about Rothenburg, if there would be pretty ladies there."

That's right, Ludwig, distract him with the point of contention that has been driving you mad since you realized your attraction to him. Of course it will throw him off, He berated himself internally.

Post  Guest Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:45 pm

'...As obvious as ever, Ludwig.' Roderich rolled his eyes. His cousin was not the most adept when it came to romantic affairs. He'd had quite a bit more practise in the area, careful to avoid the whole mating-for-life problem, of course. 'I hear they're all fond of female company where he's from.'

He considered teasing Ludwig, but decided to be kind for once. He offered him a rare smile. 'I expect, considering the way you two seem to be attached at the hip, that he is quite happy in your company, too.'
    Ludwig
    Ludwig

Post  Ludwig Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:57 pm

Ludwig couldn't fight the blush on his cheeks at that, so he merely looked down, too afraid to meet Roderich's eyes. So his cousin and brother knew. He even suspected Matthew might. He couldn't help it, though. He was attracted to the other prince.

"Please don't say anything, though. I don't know how he would react. Especially with how much I warned him about us mating for life." Admittedly, it didn't happen all the time, but it did happen when the situation was right.

He glanced at Feliciano, part of him hoping the situation was right for them. Or it would be, at least.

Post  Guest Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:06 pm

'Oh, don't be ridiculous. Of course I won't say anything.' He patted his cousin on the shoulder. 'If I were you, I'd be more concerned about Gilbert letting something slip. And as for mating for life...' He laughed quietly. 'Steady on. Don't rush into things. We have political intrigue to worry about too, remember.'
    Gilbert
    Gilbert

Post  Gilbert Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:15 pm

Gilbert rolled his eyes and punched his brother in the arm. "Be careful Ludwig, you won't want the wrong people knowing you have a thing for the tiny prince." He hushed his voice to barely a whisper. "And you may want to think about mating for a while before you do it, brother."

His face had become overly sober and his mouth a hard line. The normal flush that resided on his cheeks and the tip of his nose was gone as he spoke to his brother.

"Mating is serious. It isn't to be entered into lightly."

Post  Guest Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:47 pm

'Oh really?' Roderich frowned at Gilbert, noting the unusually serious expression. 'And what would you know about it? You sound as though you've had a bad experience.' He was quite curious; he hadn't known Gilbert took anything seriously, let alone sex.
    Feliciano Vargas
    Feliciano Vargas

Post  Feliciano Vargas Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:07 pm

Feliciano was staring at the point where he had seen Matthew disappear, in search of his brother. The others had left him behind a bit, but he could grasp they were talking about women. He would gladly have joined them, but his attention was caught by a merchant shouting something down the street, and since the others were talking quietly, he lost most part of the conversation. When he finally reached them again, the only thing he grasped was that they were talking about mating.

"Ve, don't worry for it. As promised, I'm not really flirting with any girl here." He stood beside Ludwig, looking up at him almost proud of his behavior. The maid in the tavern didn't count because he was doing it just to keep her some company. "I'm staying right next to you as I said, instead!" he nodded his head energetically.

Again, he had already decided that Ludwig's side was the safest place for him to be, and he didn't mind it at all. Vaguely, he wondered if that would be the way a girl should feel standing next to a man - all the things that had been taught him about chivalry and everything...wasn't that the way they worked? He stared at Ludwig almost questioning, but without saying anything.
    Gilbert
    Gilbert

Post  Gilbert Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:02 am

Gilbert looked to his cousin and said nothing but "Not a bad experience, no."

The albino griffen, turned his gaze away from his family and seemed to go to a dark and perhaps lonely place within. He remained this way for a brief moment before his expression changed. As quickly as it occured, the shadowy look was gone, replaced by a crooked smile and rosey dusting across his cheeks.

Ludwig
    Ludwig

Post  Ludwig Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:29 am

Ludwig glanced at his older brother, curious at his behavior, only to feel Feliciano once again at his side, rather than being with girls. He also considered Roderich's earlier remarks about the Kingdom of the Sun's love for ladies. Perhaps it was pointless even having his attentions focused on the other prince.

Feliciano's words only emphasized it. the brunet liked women, so there was no real point in his own attraction toward him. Sadly, he didn't think it was something that he could just stop at that knowledge. It was something he took very seriously and didn't intend to let happen accidentally. Mating was more than sex, and that was why he had been trying to follow his instincts with any potential partners--not that he'd had any.

"We can start heading for the fields. If Matthew isn't there and we have to go, the owner has assured me he will help him meet up with us or reach Uncle's." He looked to Feliciano. "Have you ever met my Uncle Leopold and his mate Nikolaus? I think they've visited your country on occasion."
    Feliciano Vargas
    Feliciano Vargas

Post  Feliciano Vargas Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:09 am

Following Ludwig's look, Feliciano also glanced at Gilbert wondering if everything was okay with him. Anyway, as he saw him coming back smiling he immediately forgot about it.

He looked eagerly at three men around him. "Let's go then~" he approved with a smile, and then paused to think about the question. "Oh, yes. I think I've met them. Even if I didn't have the chance to speak with them for long... it was quite a long time ago."

It was a time in which his grandfather still wouldn't allow him to take part of meetings because he was too young. A time that, well, had only recently come to an end, and still, the king would do everything by himself. Feliciano felt kind of useless, in the palace, but he still had a lot of things to occupy his time with and keep himself distracted, so he hadn't worried for the situation... so far, at least.

Anyway, he remembered the men who came in visit, with their rather serious looks and calm manners. He also remembered a quite excited chat his grandfather had had with his sons about how wonderful the love between two males could be, although at the time he hadn't fully understand it.

((just wondering... is Uncle Leopold Germania?))
    Ludwig
    Ludwig

Post  Ludwig Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:44 am

Ludwig continued walking along, but trying to make sure he stuck close to Feliciano's side. So the other man knew of his uncles. That was a start at least, though he didn't know what Feliciano thought of it.

He noticed as they walked that houses were getting more and more sparse, and farmland was beginning. They still had a bit of a walk to the wheat field they were looking for.

((I don't think he'll be Germania, since we could always end up getting one. I don't want to write out someone else's backstory/interactions unless they're a stock sort of character.))
    Gilbert
    Gilbert

Post  Gilbert Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:26 pm

Glibert turned to the small prince and grinned. With a skip in his step, he pulled a gold piece out from behind the brunet's ear before semi bowing while continuing to walk.

His grin stretched, nearly becoming predatory. "Do you know any magic tricks?"
    Feliciano Vargas
    Feliciano Vargas

Post  Feliciano Vargas Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:01 pm

Feliciano clapped as he saw the short show performed by Gilbert. "Ahah, nice~" he said, even though the prince's grin would have scared him a bit, if he hadn't known that he was Ludwig's brother.

"I don't know this kind of tricks, I'm afraid. I can cook a lot of good food using magic, though." he nodded. "And cast some spells with my music as well~" He added. He was still holding his mandolin in his hand, and he played a random chord on it. "Like making people fall asleep."

Ludwig
    Ludwig

Post  Ludwig Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:46 am

"I have sampled his food magic. It really is remarkable. I think it was the best meal I've had since I left home, even if it wasn't wurst." He smiled at Feliciano. He felt that he was being truthful in that statement, even if he wondered if not a small part of himself was a bit clouded by his attraction to the prince.

He could finally see the field ahead and was looking back for either a sign of Matthew or Ivan. He'd assumed the tall man would follow them from the tavern and knew Matthew would eventually catch up with them.

Finally, he could see the fields belonging to the tavern owner. He set his pack on the ground. "Just in case, I think we should transform now. That way, we can be sure that we can take off at the first sign of trouble."

He didn't really bother to wait for Gilbert or Roderich. He felt it was a better idea, and since they seemed out for Feliciano, whoever was behind this plot, he wanted to be able to take the small man into the air for safety's sake. After just a moment, a large golden griffin appeared in Feliciano's place. Some features remained similar to his human form, eyes blue, feathers resembling how he often slicked back his human hair.

'At least you've seen this before, Feliciano,' his voice sounded to all in the group. 'No fear any longer, right?'
    Ivan Bragnisky
    Ivan Bragnisky
    Admin

Post  Ivan Bragnisky Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:00 am

Ivan trudged out into the clearing seething and dripping wet. You see. There was this river. That had fish. And fish were shiny. And dragons liked shiny things. (Tiny) Dragons also can't swim huge rushing rivers. He nodded to the others and dropped the bedraggled lizard on the ground a good way a way from the others. Sretya chirped and chewed his boot affectionately. It wasn't her fault the fish were so shiny.

Ivan glared at his pet and and drew a rather plane copper dagger. He dried it before dragging the tip across his palm, blood blossoming in its wake. He ran his palm from Sretya's head to tail and scuttled back a few meters to give her room to grow.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 10:56 am