Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poll

Latest topics

» Graduate From High School
Alfred and Matthew's Room - Page 2 EmptyTue May 22, 2012 2:10 am by robertstanley

» Official School Days Profile
Alfred and Matthew's Room - Page 2 EmptyTue May 22, 2012 2:05 am by robertstanley

» Introduction aru~
Alfred and Matthew's Room - Page 2 EmptyTue May 22, 2012 2:01 am by robertstanley

» ✧✶ ☆Magical Rainbow Theme Park ☆✶ ✧
Alfred and Matthew's Room - Page 2 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 11:14 pm by Toris Laurinaitis

» Block 5A, Room C2 - The Gentleman's Club
Alfred and Matthew's Room - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 9:22 pm by Toris Laurinaitis

» Well, who knew XDD
Alfred and Matthew's Room - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 9:18 pm by Toris Laurinaitis

» Scotland App
Alfred and Matthew's Room - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 11:34 am by Allistor Kirkland

» Reserve Here
Alfred and Matthew's Room - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 7:36 pm by Allistor Kirkland

» Merhaba Everyone!
Alfred and Matthew's Room - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 7:06 pm by Lukas Thomassen

Navigation

3 posters

Alfred and Matthew's Room

Arthur Kirkland
    Arthur Kirkland

Alfred and Matthew's Room - Page 2 Empty Re: Alfred and Matthew's Room

Post  Arthur Kirkland Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:20 pm

“Native speaker indeed! Is that why your English teacher was thanking me profusely for what difference I’ve made in the past two weeks?” It was true, he had, the first week was pure torture. They had spent the first few days rewriting that essay on the French Revolution, he still cringed thinking about it. “So the answer to your question, is yes. You do need to learn it, if you don’t know it. So, why possessive pronouns don’t have apostrophes. Because apostrophes are used for possessive nouns. If you think of possessive pronouns, you get; his, hers, mine, yours, theirs. None of them have apostrophes because they are already possessive words. You don’t need to add an apostrophe to change them. Understand?”

Sure, it was tiring and sure Alfred was most likely going to say no. But it was worth it, it was like he was protecting the English language for one more day. It wasn’t all bad though, spending time here, Alfred’s little pets proved to be a source of amusement. Whatever food he happened to have with disappeared. As for their owner, well, he was comfortable enough to call Alfred his friend…most of the time.

(I’m not quite sure if I explained it properly D8 Feel free to correct me, the last time I thought about this crap was back in junior school XD)
    Alfred F. Jones
    Alfred F. Jones
    Admin

Post  Alfred F. Jones Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:40 pm

"So, I did make a progress after all?!" Alfred sat up and started his enthusiastic drumming at the edge of the desk, he did that whenever he was pleased and satisfied with himself. All the learning finally paid off and it was admittedly a good feeling. He doubt that he would ever share Arthur's love towards the English language but his little success would do.

Alfred nodded at Arthur's explanation. It made sense, somehow. He grinned and flashed his friend a huge, blinding smile. "Thanks Artie, you're really good at this. And you're awesome in making it understandable! I swear you're better than our English teacher - and more fun!"
    He pulled Hero over and let the bunny creature sit on his lap; he cradled him lovingly while his love was readily returned by the animal. "Hero, say that Arthur is awesome!"

Hero didn't say anything, naturally. He just eyed Arthur with his intense blue orbs behind the minature glasses - and he jumped up without warning and tackled the unsuspecting Iggy that was lazily lurking around Arthur. They wrestled around on the floor. Alfred snorted.

"They clearly love each other!" Alfred said between laughs.

(Why you expecting me to correct you? You're the native speaker not me XD. Besides it's correct *7* man!!! Are we smart or what, Artie *smug*)
    Arthur Kirkland
    Arthur Kirkland

Post  Arthur Kirkland Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:49 pm

Arthur watched them, he also snorted as he watched them roll around, though with a smile. "Clearly, I actually feel sorry for little Iggy!" He picked Hero up and placed him next to Iggy. "Now calm down, otherwise no more burgers for you!" Hero only seemed to give him another intense stare and carried on tackling Iggy anyway. Well, the other little bunny creature seemed to be able to defend himself enough, so Arthur just left them to it.

"Clearly indeed! Right, now we've sorted out your pronouns problem, is there anything else with English you need help with?" He grabbed his bag and started rooting around for notes. There really was too much in this bag. Only, instead of coming across the notes he wanted, he swore when he across the sheet of paper from the headmistress and her request.

"Bugger, I forgot she asked me to do this!" Arthur glanced to Alfred and remembered what she had said 'Oh don't worry, you haven't got to do this alone, you can use any assistance you wish. Even that cute friend of yours', she had said it almost gleefully. "Since you technically owe me for the help I've been giving you the past few weeks, would you mind helping me with this? It's for the upcoming, unfortunate event of Valentine's Day. She wishes for some kind of plan for the day!"

Last edited by Arthur Kirkland on Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:39 am; edited 1 time in total
    Alfred F. Jones
    Alfred F. Jones
    Admin

Post  Alfred F. Jones Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:46 pm

All things grammar related were instantly forgotten at the mention of 'Valentine's Day'. Alfred's smile was bright and his eyes gleamed in excitement. "Really? I can really help you planning it? Artie, that's mega awesome!" He jumped up and scrambled his way to sit next to Arthur.

"I have loads of ideas! It gotta be romantic and all! How about we form a roses and chocolate delivering service! Everybody can order their Valentine's gift and we'll deliver those to the person in question. One can have the choice to make it anonym - secret admirer, you get what I mean, hehehe. We'll totally be the Valentine cupids! You should wear wings and a halo, Artie."

Alfred was completely in his element. "And - and we could arrange a small party in the evening where people could go with their dates." He shot Arthur a shy glance. "I bet you're already someone's Valentine, aren't you? Hehe..."
    Arthur Kirkland
    Arthur Kirkland

Post  Arthur Kirkland Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:38 am

Arthur snorted. “Me? Someone’s Valentine! Not at all.” Besides Alfred and Kiku, he wasn’t that close enough to anyone. People didn’t flock around him like they did with Alfred.

“Right, moving on..” Before the topic of being someone’s valentine continued and Alfred started bragging about some gorgeous girl he planned to win over with his romantic ideas. “A small party on the evening sounds like a good idea. I’m sure we can easily convince the headmistress to allow it, then we just need the details for the party. We may need more people to help arrange that. The delivery service….we’d probably need permission for that, seeing as lessons would be interrupted. We would definitely need more help with that, because I don’t know about you but I refuse to be rushed off my arse all day delivering things. And no, I refuse to wear wings and a halo” The last part was said defiantly, as he quickly wrote notes and plans down. The only way he would wear such things, was if he were drunk.

One detail continued to irk him, so he stopped writing and glanced over at Alfred. “So tell me, what’s her name anyway?”
    Alfred F. Jones
    Alfred F. Jones
    Admin

Post  Alfred F. Jones Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:01 pm

So, Arthur didn't have a date for Valentine's yet. Somehow it was an important information but he didn't know why.

"It's interrupting classes in the name of love, Artie. It's a just and heroic cause, man haven't you ever watched Sailor Moon when you were a kid?" Alfred said, suddenly being a master of leading debates. "I don't know but arse sounds ruder than ass, how come? Anyway...why don't you want to wear wings and halo? Why? Why don't you want to? Tell me why not? I really want to see you as a cupid. And I don't want other people helping us out..."

The last part came out as a half-whisper and a pout. "I only want the two of us as cupids. It'll make us really special you know, we could become legends in this school's history."

Then Arthur asked him something that confused him. He looked at the other questioningly, not understanding what Arthur referred to. Then his face lit up in understanding. "Oh! You-you mean a date? I---don't have one...yet," he stuttered and blushed.
    Arthur Kirkland
    Arthur Kirkland

Post  Arthur Kirkland Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:56 am

"Alright, alright! Interrupting classes in the name of love... We'll still need permission to do that unfortunately" Arthur rolled his eyes as he added the note for permission. "I don't know, I thought ass sounded ruder personally, also the only way I will wear wings and a halo is if you do as well. Deal?" He was now grinning, he was positive Alfred wouldn't agree to that. He didn't know why.

"As for you not wanting anyone to help us...." A sigh and a stare to his friend, "It's impossible for just the two of us to do. Unless, your completely genius mind can plan how only the two of us can deliver god knows how many gifts. Legends or not, I did wish for the both of us to actually survive that day!"

The both of them? He didn't have a date yet?Then that must mean.." You have someone in mind then?" He was interested in this subject far too much.
    Alfred F. Jones
    Alfred F. Jones
    Admin

Post  Alfred F. Jones Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:58 pm

"I don't want to wear wings and halo, just imagine how I would look like!" Alfred said, his expression was one of horror.

He sighed and looked at Arthur with a somewhat disappointed look, "Artie you're kind of lazy and lack a sense of romantic heroism. But okay, we'll have helpers." Alfred finally agreed but couldn't help to roll his eyes.

Arthur's question threw him off guard, what was he supposed to answer, he wondered. Did he have someone in mind? There were a few cute girls...
    "I...there are lovely girls at our school I must admit, but... I dunno. I like Maddy for example," Madeleine was a smart and sunny girl from Alfred's maths class, they get along pretty well. However, imagining Maddy and himself together seemed somewhat off. Why? "No, that seems...how - how about you? Already have someone in mind? That cute girl with the pigtails seems to fancy you!"
    Arthur Kirkland
    Arthur Kirkland

Post  Arthur Kirkland Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:53 am

Arthur, like Alfred, rolled his eyes. "We won't need that many people to help, two other people should be about right. And I am not lazy... just realistic, and to compromise... I guess I can wear the halo during the day. Only the day though!" He emphasized the 'only the day' louder than normal.

Although, the thought of Alfred wearing a pair of fluffy white wings and a halo was enough to make him want to laugh. That was cut off by the mention of someone fancying him, instead his face turned red.

"I-I hadn't noticed!" It was true, he hadn't. He had spoken to her a few times, she always seemed shy to him. " I think it would awkward anyway. I bet we would hardly talk!" He then started to laugh. "How tragic, neither of us have dates. Oh well!"
    Alfred F. Jones
    Alfred F. Jones
    Admin

Post  Alfred F. Jones Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:15 pm

"I don't think it's too tragic," he blurted out. It was true, he didn't feel particularly sad about it, in fact he was pretty okay with it. "Making others happy and bringing them closer to their loves is enough for me, at the moment at least! So, the Valentine's delivery service is enough happiness for me," he said with a bright smile.

Then an idea struck him. "Let's spend the evening together, the two awesome hero singles!" Realisation about the potentially mistakeable sound of his suggestion hit him too late. "I - I mean..." Alfred panicked slightly.

"A-anyway...let's organize everything!" He said and stood up abruptly to make a rushed leave.

The idea of a delivery service for the Valentine's gifts was a hit. Many friends, boy/girlfriends and secret admirers used the opportunity and both Alfred and Arthur and the two helping friends of course were busy throughout the day. To Alfred's disappointment Arthur ended up not wearing an angel outfit, something about cola spilled over the white toga - but the American student had a suspicion that it wasn't quite that much of an accident like Arthur stated.

And so they were here, satisfied with the work done. The party was pleasant and the evening was promising to be unforgettable for many students, established and new found couples. The two blonds were sitting with exhausted but happy faces. Alfred took a sip of his orange juice. "Well, that was fun!"

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 4:31 pm